[up²]Opale Arena announced! - ManiaActu - News for TrackMania, ShootMania, and QuestMania
Welcome on ManiaActu: ManiaPlanet Community & eSport News !

29/06

The poll is finished and "Both" is the winner. Now, we will see the decision of E2G for the Opale Arena if they will follow this poll.

UP!

​In order to satisfy the most of you, we are making a poll which will decide which TrackMania (Stadium or Canyon) will be played there! Answer to the following poll!

After some teasers recently, it is now official. Event To Give will handle a new offline event on ShootMania and TrackMania 2 : Canyon. 

This new event, nammed Opale Arena, will take place in the very North of France in oye-Plage from August 23rd to August 25th. These tournaments will be administrated by Drakonia team! 30€ for each player will be required to participate. A 400€ cashprize plus hardwares are expected for TrackMania 2 : Canyon. 16 teams slots are available on ShootMania for a 700€ cahsprize. 

If you need any more informations feel free to visit their website : http://opale.e2g.eu . We as Drakonia hope to see you there!

If you have any question mail E2G Staff on staff@e2g.eu

>> News Tools

Share |

>> News Comments

#21 by frostBeule on 2013-06-21 at 19:18 Modified 2013-06-21 at 19:19
#17: No I didn't tell anyone to vote Stadium, that's not my style. Everyone should make up their own mind.

Look, I can see the other point of view as well and I understand it, but I just don't think it's a successful receipt for an eSport. Meaning: a higher level of competition which is what I'm very passionate about personally.
If we keep just having all games present and equal, then I don't think we can grow much larger. And some people are fine with that, but for me I enjoy that higher level of competition more and I think Stadium is the best game for it.

#22 by Railag on 2013-06-21 at 19:30
You must be blind or really stupid(assuming your previous comments), how is
Which TM game would you like to see at the French LAN Opale Arena later this summer?
advertising to vote for Stadium?
#23 by aswer on 2013-06-21 at 19:59
Go stadium ! :D
#24 by Slink on 2013-06-21 at 20:30
Completely agree with #19
#25 by StephenYen on 2013-06-21 at 21:11
#19 Great point, completely agree with that. There is clearly two different takes on the situation, and I doubt that anyone is going to change there mind over this rage war. They should just pick the tournament instead of a vote.
I enjoy following frost on twitch and I watch a lot of his streams and tournaments. He is the player who brought me into this game, and the player I most look up to. I respect his opinions, However, It slightly annoys me that he keeps on trying to force his opinion on other people, and also the small digs that he sometimes makes on facebook etc.., for example "Can you guess which game is the most popular? If only it was as prioritized by Nadeo as well" which I found hurtful for me being mainly a Canyon player, but also the fact that one of my favourite players didn't have any respect for either Nadeo, or the community.
Looks like stadium has overtaken Canyon, no doubt due to the post frost put on Facebook which would have surely attracted stadium players. Which is fine, but there was no need to play the " its an easy choice" card which you emphasized by writing "an easy choice for me" at the bottom. small things like that really get me down.
#26 by wormi on 2013-06-21 at 21:11
A lan in which the same guy have to play BOTH would be the coolest :P Like 2 maps canyon 2 maps stadium each round :d
#27 by frostBeule on 2013-06-21 at 21:24 Modified 2013-06-21 at 21:28

Well I don't see it that way obviously. I always respect other peoples' opinions and I'm always willing to take the discussion in a civil matter. That I would force(?) my opinion on others just sounds absurd to me.
And with your example I don't see how it was hurtful towards Canyon at all...? Also I think it's a valid argument against Nadeo as well. But maybe I'm missing something.

And had I written for example "this is an easy choice guys: Stadium or else!" then I could agree with you that it was wrong and forceful, but I didn't write anything like that. What I wrote was that it was an "easy choice for me personally" and I refereed to what I had written here as arguments as to why.

I'm not forcing my opinions on anyone. People make up their own minds and that's how it should be. I'll make sure to make that extra super-clear in the future whenever I express myself so there are no misunderstandings.

#28 by Minato on 2013-06-21 at 21:45
It's an event where fun matters so the choice is easy: Both.
#29 by StephenYen on 2013-06-21 at 21:50
#27 yeah, I see were your coming from and I can see now, my statement was kind of exaggerated, sorry that I though you were being forceful, which is not true :) looking back at what I wrote was not thought through and I apologise.
It's not really like me to get worked up about these things, I guess two different opinions will always create disagreement. especially when both cannot be backed up with facts but opinions instead, which creates arguments.
#26 That would be awesome. And very interesting to see. maybe in the future a competition with Stadium, Canyon, and Valley. Now that would be cool. :P
#30 by Gaby on 2013-06-22 at 00:55
Ok, guys please don't split what we are. Cause we are one entity, we are ALL trackmania players.

If I wanted just to remake the question I would sayn it TM2S is there will play it? If TM2C is there will you play it? E2G has organized the last event on ShootMania and TrackMania Canyon so there it is. One more event. Be there as a community, be there as friends.

#31 by serujio on 2013-06-22 at 01:12 Modified 2013-06-22 at 17:57
interesting that the votes are pretty close at the moment. I guess if only players that would be going to the event were voting, it would be even closer.
#32 by Eldrad on 2013-06-22 at 01:15 Modified 2013-06-22 at 01:21
not need to be in people's heads, it was enough to see the ESWC

I do not even understand why this vote base? is it so difficult to take 2 games? Cocow said " for fun" but being a player canyon I feel oblige to take a position to counter the stadium players who do not want Canyon

#33 by Cocow on 2013-06-22 at 01:32
#30. "Cause we are one entity, we are ALL trackmania players."

I agree with you, but by the way of this vote and by the way of ESWC, you can see that we aren't enough to think your point of view

#34 by Porix on 2013-06-22 at 13:58
Why are you so stupid guys ?
Canyon and Stadium can't meet together on same event ?

I am disappointed, just vote both, For we meet TOGETHER and have fun TOGETHER as a Trackmania 2 and not Trackmania 2 Canyon or Stadium ?

You think it's possible or you prefer continue your stupid war ?!

pff.. What a community !

#35 by Laurens on 2013-06-22 at 19:21
World War 3 =) Beginning with TM² war..
#36 by Majo on 2013-06-23 at 20:51
#37 by infarctus on 2013-06-24 at 11:57
One thing is sure, its that when i see an event with only Canyon, i say to myself "i miss all thse stadium freeks!" And i say the contrary for only Stad events.

We are a community, a bit trolled when we are at home, but during events we are all here.
Frost can be rude sometimes on comments, but when he comes to event, this happen :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=367012126741982&set=a.366187373491124.1073741825.174552785987918&type=3&theater

Peace, love and conversation! We love to hate eachother, but remain all deeply in love guys <3<3, we act like a couple :D Never agree on something.

#38 by Alexor on 2013-06-24 at 16:26
Why dont vote both. Srsly,why..
#39 by Nene on 2013-06-25 at 13:15
Stadium : 29
Canyon : 26

I think it's both no ? :D

#40 by Alexor on 2013-06-25 at 14:02
both : 14 :)
Selfish everywhere :d

>> My Comment

Please Sign Up or Login in order to post a comment !