[up²]Opale Arena announced! - ManiaActu - News for TrackMania, ShootMania, and QuestMania
Welcome on ManiaActu: ManiaPlanet Community & eSport News !

29/06

The poll is finished and "Both" is the winner. Now, we will see the decision of E2G for the Opale Arena if they will follow this poll.

UP!

​In order to satisfy the most of you, we are making a poll which will decide which TrackMania (Stadium or Canyon) will be played there! Answer to the following poll!

After some teasers recently, it is now official. Event To Give will handle a new offline event on ShootMania and TrackMania 2 : Canyon. 

This new event, nammed Opale Arena, will take place in the very North of France in oye-Plage from August 23rd to August 25th. These tournaments will be administrated by Drakonia team! 30€ for each player will be required to participate. A 400€ cashprize plus hardwares are expected for TrackMania 2 : Canyon. 16 teams slots are available on ShootMania for a 700€ cahsprize. 

If you need any more informations feel free to visit their website : http://opale.e2g.eu . We as Drakonia hope to see you there!

If you have any question mail E2G Staff on staff@e2g.eu

>> News Tools

Share |

>> News Comments

#1 by Eldrad on 2013-06-17 at 17:49
POPOPO j'y serais
#2 by Deejay on 2013-06-17 at 17:53
Good New :)
#3 by Gaby on 2013-06-17 at 18:08
I won't be there one more time but I wish to all staff and players to have fun there :)
#4 by sho0ta on 2013-06-19 at 19:26
Ofc Canyon !
#5 by Nene on 2013-06-19 at 21:17
Gogo les deux !!! :)
#6 by Porix on 2013-06-20 at 15:49
Don't be stupid, vote both..
#7 by Eldrad on 2013-06-20 at 17:22
I do not even understand why they should vote ....you just need to make 2 games
#8 by Cocow on 2013-06-20 at 17:35
Let's vote both !
#9 by ChrisHK on 2013-06-20 at 19:59
Y'a de la route , mais je fait tout pour y être , gogoggo Canyon
#10 by frostBeule on 2013-06-21 at 00:53
My opinion, as usual, is that it's much better if we focus on just 1 title when it comes to TrackMania in eSports, and it makes more sense for several reason that that title is Stadium.
#11 by StephenYen on 2013-06-21 at 01:04
It would be nice to see more Canyon tournaments, since there really hasn't been many at all recently, even though there is a lot of potential. But they are different games, so the obvious choice for me would be to just have both.
#12 by Eldrad on 2013-06-21 at 01:43
fraust your opinion is selfish and totally unfounded...
#13 by infarctus on 2013-06-21 at 11:22 Modified 2013-06-21 at 12:04
i do not think so...

But as u already saw, there are some ppl for Canyon that would not come for nations. So you restrict the access to a funny week end by picking only TMN. I agree with you that major competition should focus on Nations. But in these kind of events where only fun matters, both is a good thing.

#14 by frostBeule on 2013-06-21 at 12:04 Modified 2013-06-21 at 12:05
#12 Fraust? That's a new one.

I get to hear my opinion is selfish all the time, I guess that means I want only Stadium so that I can win the competitions or something...? Well you forget then that I was very good at Canyon as well. And In fact I'd argue it's a lot harder for me to win anything in Stadium because the competition is much better and tougher there compared to Canyon, so what you're saying doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyway, to expand, I basically think we're spreading ourselves too thin when it comes to TrackMania in eSports. Right now we're not in a good place and I think it started when Nadeo tried to push Canyon over TMNF which caused a major split in the competitive scene. I believe TMNF had something good going, and if Nadeo had continued to support that legacy and infrastructure that had been built up since 2006 then I think we would have been at a much better place today. TrackMania is already very small, it doesn't make sense to make it even smaller. That won't create growth, as is now evident.

And so now when Nadeo decided to bring back Stadium (hylis initially said that would never happen) I feel like it's time to do the right thing and finally get back on track and have that main focus on just 1 title. Plus, I also think this could actually help the other environments too in some ways. Stadium has ever since it was created been an introduction to other Nadeo games.

#15 by StephenYen on 2013-06-21 at 12:34
Sometimes I worry what will happen when Valley is released -_-
I agree that main competition should focus on stadium, but to leave out Canyon in competitions too me is just stupid, especially since the game has a lot of potential and is basically built with esport in mind. A game will always have competitive players, so it's only fair to have competitions in proportion of the players who play the game.(If competition is there, create the competition).
what does annoy me a bit is that Nadeo don't seem to know what path to take regarding this.
#16 by Eldrad on 2013-06-21 at 13:59 Modified 2013-06-21 at 14:14
what hurts me is to see people's opinions on this subject ... it is supposed to be a community, but we went to war to know which games will be present in lan ...
we players canyon is just waiting to be there for the event, but when I read the horrors like this: Canyon is a checkpoint or canyon is not a game eSports should not take the place of Stadium! it gets on my nerves at the highest point!
You just do not want to share cashprize at lan with another game! this is my opinion and I think I'm not the only one thinking it....while frankly it has no interest to play for money
and made ​​me believe that stadium to be preferred because it is interesting to see, Canyon is much more interesting to look for the general public and no less interesting than watching a stadium for Pro Gamers
#17 by Laurens on 2013-06-21 at 18:58
lol frostBeule is making advertisement to get stadium more votes.. ok ok
#18 by DrRock on 2013-06-21 at 19:00
I think that we, as one, unified Trackmania community should promote the growth of both games.

If we are too concerned with one game taking players away from the other, then WE are the ones dividing the community (not Nadeo). There is a bright eSports future for both games if we don't "divide and conquer" ourselves.

#19 by Spam on 2013-06-21 at 19:08 Modified 2013-06-21 at 19:10
I geues we are back to an argument that has been on mania-actu since the release of trackmania canyon.It's just a big cluster fuck of opinions clashing with one another. Frost has a point but the canyon guys also have a point. Why can't an organisation just pick the tournament instead of a vote. This just means whoever has a big following just like frost will get alot of votes on stadium.I like to be in the middle in this situation since this discussion will automaticly lead to rage fest.My vote goes to StadiumAnd for people saying one game is more interesting to watch for public? Can you see into the brain of the spectators I don't know but thats just clear bullshit. Both games have great atmosphere!
#20 by Cocow on 2013-06-21 at 19:08
Why does the community vote only for one game ?
This LAN is morever a funny moment, not a serious one like the ESWC. I would see Stadium's players and Canyon's players, that's why my vote is "both"

>> My Comment

Please Sign Up or Login in order to post a comment !